Faye Slater is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Certified Grief Counselor. She holds a B.A. in Psychology from Coastal Carolina University and a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Counseling from the Citadel College of Professional and Graduate Studies. She is certified in Grief Education and Counseling through the Association for Death Education and Counseling.
Faye’s practice is dedicated to working primarily with couples and individuals seeking relationship counseling. Her training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, which encompasses clinically-proven theories and approaches to relationship problems, enables her to help you:
- Strengthen the friendship that forms the foundation of your relationship
- Develop positive communication styles and learn effective conflict resolution skills
- Re-engage emotionally and restore intimacy
- Recover from infidelity and betrayal to rebuild trust and commitment
- Adjust to the challenges of parenthood or blending families.
- Understand how past relationships and experiences, including family-of-origin, influence your current relationship.
When couples decide that ending their marriage is the right course of action, Faye can provide professional guidance through the difficult emotional stages of separation and divorce. Her goal with these couples is to help them resolve negative feelings to achieve an amicable parting and, for those with children, a healthy co-parenting partnership.
Faye also offers individual counseling for those who are seeking to improve their relationship skills or heal from the loss of a relationship through break-up, divorce, or death.
Please visit Faye’s website at fayeslater.com to learn more about her services.