Are you or a loved one grappling with the process of aging? Do you find yourself in the throws of a life transition? Whether you are aging, caring for an aging family member, navigating intimate relationships, or unsure where you are going in life. If these things are causing you distress and you need help sorting it out, I can help you figure things out. I take an intergenerational approach in therapy, exploring how your family of origin has shaped you and your relationships as an adult while helping you to reimagine your future.
- North Carolina State University, Bachelors of Arts
- Appalachian State University, Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Virginia Tech, PhD in Human Development with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
I have worked in a variety of diverse settings with individuals who have a wide range of presenting problems including schizophrenia or some related disorder with active psychosis, anxiety, and depression with a community mental health agency and at a community-based clinic on a college campus.
- Caregiving for Older Adult Family Members
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Challenges
- Women’s Issues
- Family Conflict
- Couple’s Counseling
- Inter-generational Approach
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy